Owned by the National Trust, Grange Fell was one of its first purchases in the Lake District; the money was raised by public subscription as a memorial to King Edward VII at the bequest of the King's sister Princess Louise, who was President of the Trust at the time (1910).
Just below the summit of King's How is a plaque. It reads:-
In Loving Memory of King Edward VII, Grange Fell is dedicated by his sister Louise as a sanctuary of rest and peace. Here may all beings gather strength, find in scenes of beautiful nature a cause for gratitude and love to God, giving them courage and vigour to carry on his will.